With one of our special agents you will be guided to the most picturesque and fascinating places chosen by the world’s most famous secret agent, the legendary James Bond, for his last mission: NO TIME TO DIE. You will learn about the anecdotes, curiosities and everything that happened during the set of the film shot in Matera just during the year as European Capital of Culture 2019. A stellar film composed of an outstanding cast-Daniel Craig, Lea Seydoux, and director Cary Fukunaga.
→Visit Matera following the footsteps of James Bond
→ See special places and learn about actions during this tour with our guide
→ Discover the dynamic city of Sassi
- Departure from our Agency, with introduction about the City;
- Walking tour of Via delle Beccherie, a street connecting Via Duomo and the splendid Romanesque Cathedral from the 13th century with its interesting historical and architectural evolution. Here we discover details of one of the outstanding scenes shot in the Sassi;
- From the Cathedral, through its stairways and typical narrow streets of the stony districts, we visit the sasso Barisano with its exquisite architecture that served as the backdrop for the rousing scenes filmed in 2019;
- We continue to Via Madonna delle Virtù, a road that runs alongside the Gravina di Matera: 007’s favorite place for chases in the legendary Aston Martin;
- Upon reaching Porta Postergola, we take the opportunity for a short stop with tasting at Altereno caffè;
- From this evocative place we continue toward the Civita to arrive on Via Muro, the most cinematic street in Matera, chosen in more than 70 years by famous national and international directors, most recently Cary Fukunaga;
- From Via Muro, with its scenic overlook between the Sasso Caveoso and the Murgia, you will be shown and described the most incredible takes filmed in Piazza San Pietro Caveoso;
- We end the tour at Piazza Pascoli, one of the most fascinating places in the Sassi, chosen for the Hotel Balcony build, the hotel room of the legendary special agent.
THE FEE INCLUDES:
♦ Certified tour guide
♦ Photos of the scenes where they filmed James Bond
♦ Map with useful information for exploring the city
The fee does NOT include:
♦ Entrance to the Cathedral (€1.00 per person);
♦ Food and drinks.
♦ All that is not mentioned in “The fee includes”.
♦ Possible tips.
Duration: around 2 hours
Meeting point: Martulli Viaggi Agency in Via Alessandro Volta n. 3 – Matera
Read this National Geographic’s article for more info→James Bond Tour Article
NB: photos are for promotional purposes only and do not constitute a travel contract.